Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moving in, Proms, and Notting Hill carnival

I think I've managed to do something every day I've been here so far. Since the last time I wrote I've checked out Hyde Park and Kew Gardens, moved in to my flat, went to a BBC Proms concert (Pictures at an Exhibition! So good!), and saw some of the Notting Hill street carnival. Apparently it's the biggest street carnival in Europe, and I believe it. There were SO many people there.

I'm going to start at the beginning and post some of the pictures I've taken. Enjoy!

small door
Mom took a picture at this tiny door at Romsey Abbey when she came to England too.

Photobucket
Inside Romsey Abbey

romsey abbey

jesters
Some guys outside Arundel Castle

Here are a few pictures of Arundel. Can you believe someone actually lives here?
castle entrance

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Several "New Forest Ponies" (and one "New Forest Cow"):

newforest1

highland cow

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A couple from the beach:
Photobucket
Isle of Wight/the Needles

Photobucket

Buckler's Hard, a cute little maritime village:
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Alicia, it appears all the photos load in a default orientation, resulting in some odd effects.
    Good stuff - keep those cards and letters coming...

    ReplyDelete