Friday, September 18, 2009

The free thing we ended up doing was checking out the National Gallery. I still can't believe these museums are free. I saw the Monet painting I've seen prints of in dentist offices my whole life! Along with several others, of course. Like the British Museum, it's just too big to see it all at once, so maybe we'll go back again another time. After that, DLT went to see Mother Courage at the National Theatre. Fun fact: the actors for Aunt Petunia and Dudley Dursley were in it! Fiona Shaw (Petunia) was fantastic as Mother Courage. Interestingly, that day was the only truly rainy one we've had so far. Generally the weather is quite nice, but maybe a little cooler than we're used to at this time of year.

Since I last wrote, Elizabeth and I have booked weekends in Barcelona and Paris! We're understandably thrilled about it, though those trips won't be till much later in the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment