Friday, August 28, 2009

Welcome!

NOTICE: I started a blog a few days ago, but somehow it's been posting to a different blog than this one. So here are the posts that I wrote so far.

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog! I have lots of requests to keep people updated on my travels here, so I'll do my best to post pictures and stories when I get the chance.

I arrived in the UK last Thursday and spent several days with Gillian, Dorothy, and Rita at their adorable house in Hampshire. They were wonderfull, and Gillian took me to see the sights in her area. In the few days I was there I saw the New Forest (so new that William the Conqueror established it 900 years ago...), Arundel Castle, the southern coast, Buckler's Hard, and Winchester and Winchester Cathedral. I'll do my best to post pictures of all those things when I figure out the wireless access in the London Centre. I'm SO glad to have gotten my bearings before starting this crazy week of flat-hunting in London.

Speaking of flat-hunting, we've already got one! I'm living with two other girls, Elizabeth and Molly, and we put a deposit down this morning. I couldn't be happier--the place we found is in a great location, and it's really affordable--plus, Bill told us that we have basically the best landlords anywhere. Frank (one of the landlords) said he'll even come pick up all our luggage so we don't have to take it in the underground. We're psyched.

Well, Elizabeth and I are off to do some sight-seeing! We're going to the British Museum today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment